Join the SciLucent Team
SciLucent encourages scientific and regulatory professionals to contact us regarding employment opportunities. If you do not see any positions listed below, we currently are not actively recruiting for any positions, however, we always welcome inquiries, and resumes submitted will be considered for upcoming open positions.
VICE PRESIDENT OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
SciLucent, Inc., a partially employee-owned (ESOP) Northern Virginia-based scientific consulting firm seeks a hands-on, experienced Vice President of Business Administration to manage company operations. This position will work across the organization to build and manage business processes and company infrastructure. This role oversees accounting, administrative services, contracting, human resources, and IT. This position leads, directs, and manages the company’s day-to-day administrative operations and is involved in strategic planning relating to long-term business goals.
Main responsibilities and day-to-day functions of the position include:
- Evaluate, identify, design, and implement processes and practices to improve the company’s infrastructure for efficiencies, consistencies, and compliance; includes development of employee and management operational manuals, policies, standard operating tools, training programs, and databases.
- Lead business strategies, analyses, and solution development for key business challenges to drive new growth and opportunities.
- Conduct financial and company infrastructure risk assessments and implement appropriate risk mitigation to protect business operations (i.e., adequate insurance coverages).
- Establish business practices that support the execution of the current business, the capture of new business, and projection of future growth.
- Serve as an ESOP subject matter expert in stewardship of a 100% ESOP company.
- Collect, review, and interpret financial data to recommend and/or support strategic and operational business decisions.
- Maintain IT infrastructure and cybersecurity program.
- Ensure compliance with business regulations such as General Data Protection Regulation, personal data protection laws.
- Provide support to the Management Team and execute strategic and growth initiatives to ensure effective implementation, governance, communication, and change management.
- Use innovative thinking and advanced analytical techniques to identify improvement opportunities for the company.
- Provide oversight of contracting (SciLucent clients, subcontractors, and vendors).
- Assist in the management of external service provider relationships (ESOP, financial, IT and legal).
- Liaise with the Board of Directors, Management Teams, staff, and organization-wide audiences; develop Board of Director meeting content.
- Oversee all personnel matters such as compensation, performance, employee relations, disciplinary actions, discharges, resource management, training and development within the practice area
- Manage and approve resources including the attracting, hiring, and retention of personnel
- Conduct and oversee employee performance reviews
- Lead, direct, and oversee the day-to-day operations of the administration practice area (accounting, administrative services, contracting, human resources, and IT).
- Keep all relevant stakeholders informed of developments in line with company’s objectives
- Maximize productivity and efficiency for business operations and other responsible functions
- Provide support for the evaluation of potential technologies
- Give strategic advice and report results and findings to the board of directors
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., accounting, finance, business management) with an MBA is strongly desired.
- A minimum of 20 years of experience with business management and at least 10 years of experience leading and managing administrative employees and teams.
- Experience in the build-out of business infrastructure is desired.
- Hands-on experience in contracts administration, financial planning and accounting, human resources, leadership, and business operations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills to enable collaboration with service providers/vendors, clients, and internally with all SciLucent employees.
- Self-starter with strong desire to build a stable and sustainable organization.
- Proven knowledge of the latest business policies and regulations.
- Excellent organizational skills and critical thinking abilities.
Both local and remote applicants will be considered and are encouraged to apply.
Our most valuable resource is our people. We hire intelligent, creative, passionate professionals with a strong desire to learn. At our core – collaboration, camaraderie, growth, and collective hard work without egos. Our culture is one that encourages, supports, and celebrates our colleagues! We offer a congenial, supportive, and flexible work environment, the opportunity to work with knowledgeable consultants, a competitive salary, flexible benefits, and the ability to develop a tremendous amount of knowledge and expertise across many stages and areas of healthcare product development.
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications without cover letters will not be reviewed.
SciLucent is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their efforts in applying for our open position; while all applicants will be considered, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Send a cover letter and CV or resume
SciLucent offers a congenial work environment, the opportunity to work with knowledgeable consultants in multidisciplinary teams and learn the business of healthcare product development, a competitive salary, flexible benefits, profit sharing, and a tremendous opportunity for growth.
SciLucent is committed to equal employment opportunity as a sound business practice. Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected by law. Please see the two links below for important notices for job applicants and employees:
Employee Polygraph Protection Act: https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission: https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For other information regarding employment:
585 Grove Street, Suite 300
Herndon, VA 20170